With a busy summer approaching, we’re very excited to be expanding our friendly and knowledgeable team.
We’re looking for candidates with a flexible approach who are motivated, trustworthy and keen to go above and beyond to ensure every wedding exceeds the expectations of the Bride and Groom, their families and their guests.
If this sounds like you, we have roles available in both our bar and logistics teams and we would love to meet you.
Evening Event Manager
We’re looking for a vivacious and level-headed Evening Event Manager with previous bar management or bar supervisory experience. This is a key role in the Birtsmorton Court team and the successful candidate would take over from the Wedding Co-Ordinator to run the evening event.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the main point of contact for the Bride and Groom throughout the evening to ensure everyone’s needs are met
- Overseeing the running of the bar, with cash and stock management
- Supervising a team of approximately 5 members of bar staff for each wedding
- Liaising with the catering team and also the evening entertainment
- Acting as Master of Ceremonies when necessary
- Ensuring that the venue is exceptionally presented throughout the evening
- Trouble shooting any unforeseen circumstances that arise throughout the evening
- Overseeing the set down and locking up of the venue at the end of the evening, including cashing up and key holding
The hours of work vary for each wedding, however it is typically from approximately 6.30pm until 2.00am. This is a part-time position and the successful candidate will be given advance warning of the dates that they will be required to work. At the moment we have 65 weddings booked for the rest of 2016 and these are taking place throughout the week as well as on Saturday dates. Due to the nature of the work candidates must be over 18.
Set Up Assistant
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working Set Up Assistant to join our logistics team on a part-time basis throughout the busy wedding season.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up the Court and grounds on the morning of each wedding (preparing ceremony areas, putting out tables and chairs, ensuring the grounds are tidy, etc.).
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager with basic DIY tasks.
- Ensuring that Estate equipment is stored correctly and is in full working order.
- Working with the Events Team to provide the highest standard of service for all functions.
The successful candidate will be flexible with working hours, have their own transport and be available to work weekends. Due to the requirements of the role, some lifting of heavy items is required.
The start date for this position is flexible, however commitment to work throughout the summer is essential.
If you are over 18, well presented, have excellent customer service skills and are looking for some part-time evening work throughout the year, we’d love to hear from you! Competitive rates of pay and on the job training is provided.
To apply for any of these positions please contact Trish Brackstone on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Events Office on 01684 833888